Desktop & Rmt Srvr Analyst
- Ramsey, NJ 07446
- Information Technology
- Employment Type:
- Job Ref:
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
This role is to maintain, respond, and update remedy tickets within current Service Level’s. Display good judgment on understanding priorities of the help desk tickets. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC and MAC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. Will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone or via email) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
Essential Job Functions
• Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis and resolution of complex desktop/laptop/MAC problems for end-users, recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repairs for remote users as needed.
• Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to PCs and laptops, including the installation of hard drives, RAM, CD-ROMS and so on.
• Collaborate with LAN Technicians/Network Administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
• Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products/
• Receive and respond to incoming calls and/or emails regarding desktop/laptop problems.
• Answer to and perform moves, additions, and change requests as they are submitted.
• Ensure that physical desktop/laptop connections are in proper working order.
• Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, then provide performance statistics and reports.
• Assist in preparing, maintaining and upholding procedures for logging, reporting and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
• Accurately document instances of desktop/laptop environment or component failure, repair, installation and removal.
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors.
• Conduct research on desktop products of PC procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
• Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
• Computer room support including printing and tape backup management.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Excellent technical knowledge of PC/MAC, desktop and laptop hardware and internal components.
• Hands on hardware/software troubleshooting and support experience.
• Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
• Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
• Ability to conduct research into PC and Mac issues and products as required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship building skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Effective communication within all areas of IT.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Analytical and problem solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and directed with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• On-call availability.
• Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals on a daily basis.
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
• Technical school degree and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., a global Fortune 1000 company and one of Forbes Best-In-State Employers 2021, is transforming the way we all do business.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to drive innovation and make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our award-winning products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards. At Konica Minolta, you'll work for an amazing technology company with growth opportunities, great benefits and talented, passionate co-workers.
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.