Networked Solutions Professional Services Engineer - SymQuest
- West Lebanon, NH 03784
- Employment Type:
- Job Ref:
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
Konica Minolta currently has an exciting opportunity for a DS Professional Services Engineer!
The goal of the DSPS Field Engineer will be to provide the network installation and support of print/scan devices and associated supported software. This person will work closely with sales representatives, field service technicians, and internal teams to ensure a high level of quality and communication. The candidate should be an independent producer and willing to accept challenges on a daily basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Be a connected products technical support and training resource for clients, sales executives and field service technicians through continuous training and development of his/her own skill set
- Ensure complete and successful installation of network connected products
- Manage the installation process including equipment/software setup, testing, installation, user training and support, and necessary follow up communication and documentation
- Effectively utilize team resources (sales, engineering, internal and/or vendor technical support) to ensure successful installation and support of connected products
- Act as secondary coverage for a geographic region between NY and ME, requiring travel on a regular basis
- Other duties may be assigned
Primary People Contacts
- End Users/IT Personnel
- Field Document Sales Executives
- Networking Support Team
- Field Service Management Team
- Sales Administration/Scheduling
Toughest Parts of the Job
- The candidate must have the ability to maintain professionalism while balancing multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to stay focused on numerous customer issues simultaneously
- Each support incident is potentially a new challenge with a new set of people and frustrations
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, often from reading manuals, web searches, extrapolating from prior experiences and working directly with manufacturers
- Regional travel is required on a regular basis
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Problem Solving:
- Resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Does not stop at the first answer
- Investigates the issue thoroughly
- Exhibits confidence in self and others
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Accepts feedback from others
- Gives appropriate recognition to others
- Approaches others in a tactful manner, applies feedback to improve performance
- Reacts well under pressure
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Follows through on commitments
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Maintains focus when handling difficult or challenging customers
- Handles pressure and stress maturely
- Customer Focus:
- Acts with customers in mind
- Dedicated to meeting internal and external customer expectations
- Listens to the needs of each customer (both internal and external) and clearly shares their needs with the appropriate group
- Team Work:
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Gives and welcomes constructive feedback
- Contributes to the group with a positive attitude
- Organizational Support:
- Completes tasks accurately and on time
- Follows guidelines of policy and procedure
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with tasks
- Looks for ways to improve our processes, always focusing on quality
- Applies feedback to improve performance
- Technical Learning
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Shares expertise with others
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Demonstration of excellent customer service skills
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to clients and other employees of the organization via phone and in person
- Computer Skills
- Must be proficient with PCs, including hardware and software.
- Experience with network print and scan devices -
- Network Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003/2008/2012)
- Workstation Operating Systems (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac OS)
- Software (Microsoft Office, Office 365, Open Office, Adobe)
- Basic knowledge of routers, switches, and networking protocols.
- Networking knowledge and certifications are highly desirable.
- Must have inherent troubleshooting skills—the ability to isolate problems and their source quickly through logical deduction.
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training.
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., a global Fortune 1000 company and one of Forbes Best-In-State Employers 2021, is transforming the way we all do business.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to drive innovation and make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our award-winning products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards. At Konica Minolta, you'll work for an amazing technology company with growth opportunities, great benefits and talented, passionate co-workers.
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.