Service Desk Engineer - SymQuest
- Westbrook, ME 04092
- Information Technology
- Employment Type:
- Job Ref:
Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc., a global Fortune 1000 company and one of Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers, is transforming the way we all do business.
From smart office technology and information management to cloud, mobility and IT services, we have a rich history of creating the products and services necessary to drive innovation and make work possible from anywhere at any time. Our award-winning products and solutions help companies around the world move information faster, improve quality and productivity, enhance security and facilitate the sharing of information. We are proud that our portfolio leads the industry while exceeding environmental standards.
At Konica Minolta, you'll work for an amazing technology company with growth opportunities, great benefits and talented, passionate co-workers.
Konica Minolta currently has an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Engineer!
In this position, you will provide remote and onsite technical support for Microsoft-based business environments. This is a great opportunity for you to join a fantastic company for long term career growth. You must be excited about technology, self-motivated, and enjoy serving others. An ideal candidate will have real world experience in either a helpdesk or network administration position, with a good understanding of Windows workstation and server operating systems, application installation and troubleshooting, and Active Directory administration and management.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide remote technical support to clients over the phone using remote control tools
- Conduct onsite technical support at client location as needed
- Diagnose and resolve workstation, server and network infrastructure issues
- User account management – Add/edit/disable accounts, setup new application users, etc.
- Troubleshoot backup, malware, virus and other technical issues
- Help provision new laptops, desktops and mobile devices
- Work with application vendors in troubleshooting application errors
- Answer end user questions and remediate issues
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- As much of this job is done remotely, great verbal and written communication skills are a must
- A professional appearance, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple technical issues simultaneously is also required
- Windows 7 and 8 and associated hardware platforms Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
- VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technologies
- Anti-virus, Anti-spam and Anti-spyware
- Backup and Recovery technologies
- Citrix and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Firewalls, Routers and Managed Switches
- LAN / WAN / Wireless networking hardware and software technologies
- Systems Management Software (HP Insight Manager, Dell OpenManage)
- Industry certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco or VMware
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
- 1+ years’ experience in a related role
- College or IT trade school degree, technical certifications or related years of experience
Konica Minolta Offers:
- Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
- 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
- Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
- Ongoing professional development training
- Visible, exciting work supporting sales of cutting edge technology and workflow solutions.
Join Konica Minolta and help drive innovation as we transform the Workplace of the Future.™
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.